Tuscan Apple Cake // Nosh and Nourish
1⁄2 cupChoabni Apple Cinnamon Greek Yogurt (or sub vanilla)
2 1⁄2 tablespoonsButter
2 1⁄2 teaspoonsBaking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoonVanilla Extract
3Apples (I used Pink Lady apples, peeled/sliced)
1 1⁄2 cupWhole Wheat Pastry Flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together all ingredients except apples and flour.
- Stir thouroughly, approximately 3 minutes.
- Slowly add in flour, mixing continually.
- Butter and flour an 8 x 8 baking dish, or round pie pan.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish.
- Peel and slice the apples, setting them into the batter vertically (core side down). I arranged mine in rows, but you could make a rosette pattern as well.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve with remaining apple cinnamon yogurt and granola (optional).
Yields 9 Servings