Better Vegan Pumpkin Muffins // Nosh and Nourish
2 cupsWhole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
2⁄3 cupsCoconut Sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoonCinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoonGround Ginger
1⁄4 teaspoonGround Cloves
2 tablespoonsGround Flax
6 tablespoonsWarm Water
15 ouncesPure Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1⁄4 cupCoconut Oil (melted)
1⁄2 cupChickpeas (mashed)
1⁄4 cupVanilla Almond Milk
3 tablespoonsRaw Pumpkin Seeds (to adorn the top)
- Combine 2 Tbsp flax plus 6 Tbsp warm water. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mash chickpeas well, or combine with almond milk and use the immersion stick blender to puree.
- Combine all ingredients, except pumpkin seeds, but including the chilled flax in a medium bowl.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Fill each cup to the top.
- Press pumpkin seeds into the top of each muffin batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Yields 12 Muffins