BLT Crustless Quiche -- #paleo #dairyfree // via Nosh and Nourish
1 cupRaw Cashews
4 cupsloosely packed spring greens
1 tablespoonfinely diced red onion
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
8slices of turkey bacon (or sub regular bacon)
1 cupdiced fire roasted tomatoes
1 tablespoonDiced Green Chiles (optional)
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
1⁄2 teaspoonblack pepper
1⁄8 teaspoonGarlic Powder
- Soak cashews in 1/2 cup water at room temperature for 3 - 4 hours.
- Then drain the cashews, add in 1/2 cup fresh water, and blend with an immersion stick blender or food processor until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the turkey bacon, then crumble and set aside.
- Over medium heat in a medium skillet, heat up the olive oil. Then add in the spring greens, red onion, and lime juice and saute for approximately 5 minutes, until greens are wilted and onions are softened.
- Remove the greens from heat, and use a fork and knife to dice them into smaller pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl: cashew cream, bacon crumbles, diced wilted greens, eggs, tomatoes, green chiles, and spices.
- Use non-stick spray on a 9" pie pan, then pour in the quiche batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until eggs are set and not jiggly.
- Serve with cilantro, sliced avocado, and or greek yogurt (optional).
Yields 8 Servings