Cauliflower & Quinoa Cheesy Breadsticks // via Nosh and Nourish
1head of organic cauliflower (leaves removed)
1 cupCooked Quinoa
1⁄2 cupquinoa flour (or sub regular)
1 cupItalian Cheese (or sub Daiya mozzarella shreds to keep dairy-free)
1⁄2 teaspoonDried Basil
1⁄2 teaspoondried oregano
1⁄4 teaspoonGarlic Powder
1⁄4 teaspoonSea Salt
1 1⁄2 cupItalian Cheese (for topping)
1 cupmarinara (for dipping)
- Finely chop a head of cauliflower in a blender (or a food processor will work too). I did about 1/4 of the cauliflower at a time.
- Put the chopped cauliflower into a square 9x9 glass pan that is microwaveable. Do not add water.
- Microwave on high for 8 minutes. ((or bake for 40 minutes at 425 degrees if you want to avoid the microwave))
- Let the cauliflower cool for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spoon a large scoop of the cooked cauliflower into a cotton tea towel. And squeeze out as much liquid/water as you can. Warning -- the liquid will be hot! Be careful. Continue this process until all of the cauiliflower is squeezed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the squeezed cauliflower, the quinoa, the quinoa flour, the eggs, 1 cup of cheese, and all of the spices. Stir thoroughly.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, press the cauiliflower mixture into a flat even rectangle.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until the top and edges are starting to get golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven and top it with the remaining cheese. Then bake it for an additional 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Cut it into sticks, and serve hot with warmed marinara.
Yields 12 Breadsticks