Chocolate Avocado Muffins with Horizon Organic
1⁄2 cupHorizon Organic Milk
1Avocado (peeled and pit removed)
1⁄2 cupgolden monkfruit sweetener (or sub coconut sugar)
1 teaspoonVanilla Extract
1⁄4 cupCocoa Powder
1Horizon Organic Egg
1 1⁄4 cuporganic unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoonBaking Soda
1 tablespoonBaking Powder
1⁄4 teaspoonSea Salt
1⁄2 cupChocolate Chips (plus a few more for the top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, avocado, sweetener, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Use an immersion stick blender to puree until smooth (or a potato masher would work too).
- Whisk in the egg.
- In a small different bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt). Whisk to mix. Then, slowly stir this dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Prepeare a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners (or use non-stick spray). Fill each muffin cup 3/4s full.
- Press in 3 additional chocolate chips into the top of the batter in each cup (optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve and wait for smiles!
Yields 12 Muffins