Chocolate Covered Strawberries Bread
1⁄2 cupDiced Kale (stems removed)
2 tablespoonsCoconut Oil
3⁄4 cupsVanilla Almond Milk
8 tablespoonsButter (one stick)
2 cupsUnbleached All-Purpose Flour (or sub whole wheat pastry flour)
4 tablespoonsCocoa Powder
1 tablespoonBaking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
2⁄3 cupsCoconut Sugar (or sub light brown sugar)
3⁄4 cupsDiced Strawberries
1 cupDark Chocolate chips
2Strawberries (to slice and lay on top of bread)
1⁄2 cupDark Chocolate chips (to put on top of the bread after it has baked)
1 teaspoonVanilla Almond Milk (to melt in with the chocolate to put on top)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil over medium-low heat in a skillet. Add in diced kale and saute for approximately 5 minutes, stirring frequently. It should not get brown at all.
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Use non-stick spray to coat a loaf pan. Then, pour in batter. Top batter with thinly sliced strawberries.
- Bake for 70 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Let cool for one hour before slicing.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1 tsp vanilla almond milk over low heat. Then drizzle the chocolate mixture on top of cooled loaf.
Yields 1 Loaf