Nosh and Nourish: Cranberry Banana Bread
2 cupsWhite Whole Wheat Flour (I used King Arthur's -- or sub 2.5 cups brown rice flour to make it gluten-free)
2 teaspoonsBaking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
2⁄3 cupsCoconut Sugar
3⁄4 cupsVanilla Almond Milk
2Small Ripe Bananas
2 tablespoonsGround Flax
6 tablespoonsWarm Water
4 tablespoonsEarth Balance Vegan Butter (or sub 1/3 cup coconut oil)
1⁄2 cupDried Cranberries
1⁄4 cupChopped Walnuts
1⁄4 cupWhite Chocolate Chips (be sure to use vegan chips if you want to keep it vegan)
- Combine flax and warm water in a small bowl. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl: flour, baking powder, sea salt, coconut sugar.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl: almond milk, bananas, coconut oil, and flax/water mixture.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Gently stir in cranberries, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Use coconut oil or non-stick spray to coat a loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- I usually let mine sit overnight in the fridge before slicing.
Yields 1 Loaf