Pumpkin Coffee Cake // gf, df, v
3⁄4 cupsgluten-free flour (I use Bob's 1:1 GF Baking flour)
1 teaspoonBaking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
1scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder* (optional)
1⁄4 teaspoonGround Cloves
1⁄2 cupcanned organic pumpkin
1⁄3 cupSilk Caramel Almondmilk Creamer
1⁄4 cupCoconut Oil
2Eggs (or sub flax eggs to keep vegan)
1⁄4 cupCoconut Sugar
1⁄2 cuphoney roasted pecans (coarsely chopped -- for the topping)
2 tablespoonsVegan Butter (softened, for the topping)
1 teaspoonCinnamon (for the topping)
*This is the protein powder that I use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour through cloves. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the wet ingredients: pumpkin through coconut sugar.
- Then, stir in the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Use non-stick spray to coat an 8x8 glass dish, or small casserole dish. Spoon in batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, chopped pecans, and additional cinnamon. Spread it over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean.
Yields 6 Servings