Slow Cooker White Sauce Lasagna | No Sugar Sweet Life
1 cupDiced Mushrooms
1 tablespoonMinced Garlic
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
24 ouncesCottage Cheese (I used 2% reduced fat)
1 poundGround Turkey (You could substitute ground beef)
1 packageGrillmates Tomato, Garlic, Basil Seasoning (Any "Italian" seasoning would work)
1 teaspoonMinced Garlic
2 cupsFrozen sliced Carrots (Or fresh)
1Jar of Alfredo (I used Asiago Romana Light Alfredo)
1 canRecipe Starter Creamy Parmesan Basil (Could substitute additional alfredo)
1⁄2 poundLasagna Noodles (Regular, not cooked)
1⁄2 cupCheddar Cheese
- Saute/brown diced mushrooms, 1 Tbsp minced garlic, and olive oil.
- Once browned, in a separate bowl mix together with cottage cheese. I further pureed mine with my immersion blender because Dear Hubby doesn't care for mushrooms (he didn't even know they were in there!!)
- Saute the ground turkey with the seasoning packet. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Saute the spinach with 1 tsp garlic. I "cut" mine with a knife afterwards to make the pieces smaller to mix in.
- Mix turkey, spinach, carrots, and sauces in the large bowl.
- In the slow cooker, layer the turkey mixture, followed by a layer of noodles, followed by the cottage cheese mixture. Then repeat 3 times ending with the turkey mixture.
- Cook on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese for the last 10 minutes before eating.
- Diggeth Inneth!!
Yields 8 Servings